Chapter VII: Admissions and General Information
- The Board of Regents shall determine the level of full program fees and a schedule of such fees shall be published. All other student fees shall be fixed by the Committee on Budget Administration.
- All fees are payable in accordance with the regulations established by the Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer, providing only that said regulations may not defer payment of these fees beyond the end of the term for which they are assessed.
- No exemption from the payment of fees shall be granted unless specifically approved by the Board.
- All persons, not specifically exempted, who are using University facilities and services must register and pay the appropriate fee.
- Students enrolled in more than one school/college will pay the higher tuition rate for all credits elected (excludes students enrolled in the Extension Services).
Adjustments in Fees
Students who change their program in the first three weeks of classes in the full term and first two weeks in the half-term will receive a full refund of the fees paid and will be assessed the full fee appropriate to the new elections. If changes are made thereafter, the higher of the two fees will be assessed.
Refund of Fees
- Students withdrawing beginning the first day of the term and before the end of the first three weeks of classes in the full term or the first two weeks in the half term shall pay a disenrollment fee of $50.00 and a registration fee of $80.00 ($40.00 in the half-term) but will be refunded any part of the fees which has been paid.
- Students withdrawing during the third week of classes in the divided term and in the fourth, fifth, and sixth week of classes in the full term, shall forfeit 50 percent of the assessed fee, plus a $80.00 ($40.00 in the half-term) registration fee.
- Students withdrawing subsequent to the third week of classes in the divided term and to the sixth week of classes in the full term shall pay the assessed term fees in full.
- The effective date of refund is the date the withdrawal notice is received in the Office of the Registrar.
- Any refund due will be mailed to the student's address of record upon request.
University of Michigan |
College of LS&A |
Student Academic Affairs |
LS&A Bulletin Index
This page maintained by
LS&A Academic Information and Publications, 1228 Angell Hall
Copyright © 2001 The
Regents of the University of Michigan,
Ann Arbor, MI 48109 USA +1 734 764-1817
Trademarks of the
University of Michigan may not be electronically or otherwise altered or separated from this document or used for any non-University purpose.