Chapter III: Degree Requirements and Graduation
Requirements Particular to the B.G.S. Degree
The Bachelor of General Studies degree requires
that at least 60 of the 120 credits must be upper-level (numbered
300 or above). Below are specific policies regarding the 60 upper-level
- No more than 20 credits of upper-level courses may be counted
from one department unless a department has multiple SUBJECTs.
- If a department has several SUBJECTs, a B.G.S student may
elect up to 20 credits of upper-level credits from each SUBJECT.
- No more than 60 credits may be elected in all SUBJECTs
of a department.
- At least 40 of the required 60 upper-level credits must be
in LS&A courses.
- There is no expectation that 20 credits must be elected in
any one SUBJECT.
- More than 20 upper-level credits from one SUBJECT may be
incorporated in the degree total of 120 credits as long as no
more than 20 of these are counted in the 60 upper-level total.
- A student must earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 in the
courses used to meet the requirement of 60 upper-level credits.
of Michigan | College of LS&A
| Student Academic Affairs | LS&A Bulletin
This page maintained by LS&A
Academic Information and Publications, 1228 Angell Hall
Copyright © 2002 The Regents
of the University of Michigan,
Ann Arbor, MI 48109 USA +1 734 764-1817
of the University of Michigan
may not be electronically or otherwise altered or separated from
this document or used for any non-University purpose.