Information for Prospective Students Information for First-Year Students Information for Transfer Students Information for International Students Learning Communities, Study Abroad, Theme Semester Calendars Quick Reference Forms Listings Table of Contents SAA Search Feature Academic Advising, Concentration Advising, How-tos, and Degree Requirements Academic Standards Board, Academic Discipline, Petitions, and Appeals SAA Advisors and Support Staff

02-03 LS&A Bulletin

Chapter VII: Admissions and General Information

Cross-Campus Transfer Students

Applications from students enrolled in another school or college of the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) are considered cross-campus transfer applications. In admitting cross-campus transfers, several factors are considered. A student's previous academic program is evaluated in terms of the College's residence policy (see Chapter IV) and the requirements of the program to be elected in the College. A student's grade point average and the general trend of the grade record are also considered. The reasons for the applicant's request for a transfer are considered, as are test scores and the high school record.

Students should obtain the Application for Undergraduate Admission available from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. or through the UM Admissions website. There is no application fee. Freshmen may not submit an application before the beginning of their second term. Applications must be submitted no less than four weeks prior to the desired term of enrollment.

Students may not make a cross-campus transfer to LS&A until they have completed two full terms in their original school or college. The application may be submitted during the second term of enrollment. Students who wish to make a cross-campus transfer after the freshman year should discuss their plans with an academic advisor; the advisor will assist in selecting an appropriate academic program for the second term of the freshman year. Cross-campus transfer students may receive credit for a maximum of 90 credits from the previous college or school. LS&A residency requires that a student earn 30 credits in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts.

Students who wish to transfer from the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts to the Residential College or vice versa should contact the RC Counseling Office for information about intra-college transfer procedures. In these cases, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions is not involved.


University of Michigan | College of LS&A | Student Academic Affairs | LS&A Bulletin Index

This page maintained by LS&A Academic Information and Publications, 1228 Angell Hall

Copyright © 2002 The Regents of the University of Michigan,
Ann Arbor, MI 48109 USA +1 734 764-1817

Trademarks of the University of Michigan may not be electronically or otherwise altered or separated from this document or used for any non-University purpose.