- Process Purchase orders/requisitions
- Process Non-PO vouchers/ reimbursements
- Serve as delegate and review Concur transactions
- Review and reconcile P-Card reports
- Prepare wire transfers requests
- Prepare journal entries
- Reconcile Statements of Account, including payroll, with report package
- Ad-hoc reports and budget tracking assistance as requested
- M-Reports (training and help interpreting)
- Process check deposits as requested
- OFA paperwork for student payments if required
- Lump sum advance reconciliation
Contract & Grant Services
- Meet with Principal Investigator if requested to discuss proposal and submission process
- Assist with budget development
- Assist with agency guideline interpretation
- PAF preparation and proposal submission
- Act as liaison between Department, LSA Dean’s Office, and ORSP
- Monitor financial status of projects, including review for A-21 compliance
- Reconcile expenditures and assist with budget projections and revisions (including 7471 paperwork)
- Complete appropriate forms and reports (FDP, hardship, subcontracts, etc.)
- Closeout paperwork (FSR)
Human Resources Services
- Complete lecturer and graduate student reappointment spreadsheets
- Process new hire paperwork for instructional appointments, including I-9s (within 3 days of start date or renewals)
- Process appointment changes/submittal forms (faculty, staff and temporaries)
- Enter student and non-student temporary appointments
- Process additional pay transactions
- Process People Pay/honoraria
- Process UM job postings
- Prepare offer letters to Lecturers and GSIs (MTN units only)
- Assist with LEO contract issues such as seniority tracking and review schedules (MTN units only)
- Immigration paperwork processing for J-1 and H-1B visas
- Plan, prepare, and disseminate publicity and information for events and other activities.
- Plan specific communication strategies by identifying audiences and discussing publication content and distribution.
- Assist and advise units on media creation, editing, layout, and design, in both print and digital formats.
- Assist units with implementation of U-M visual identification strategies (branding).
- Create distinctive templates for event flyers and other publicity materials.
- Liaise with contributors, create and edit content, and oversee production and distribution of written and digital publications (e.g., newsletters, flyers, posters, brochures).
- Coordinate design and printing of logo-bearing print and other materials (e.g., letterhead, business cards) to ensure compliance with U-M branding guidelines.
- Oversee website design and content, ensuring that information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook, TwitterEvents/Communication Services, blogs, etc.). Create and post content for units as requested.
- Establish templates for e-newsletters to be distributed via MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc. Post content for units as requested.
- Distribute information to appropriate news outlets on and off-campus in a timely manner.
This Service Level Agreement (SLA) is utilized to capture the agreement between LSA Shared Services and the units we serve.