Computers in the SLC Computer Classroom and in the SLC Open Computer Lab Areas are managed by U-M Campus Computing Sites. This allows the SLC to offer an extensive array of software. A listing of Sites' software can be viewed here and the SLC software list is located here. If a required software title is not listed on either the Campus Computing Sites Software page or the SLC Software Available page, instructors can request software according to the instructions provided on the SLC Software Requests page.
In the open lab area of the SLC there are 57 computers available for instructor-led classes (reservations required) or for drop-in use on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- 35 Dell Computers running Windows 7
- 22 iMacs running Mac OS X Snow Leopard
The SLC offers four Express Stations with web and e-mail access. The software available on these computers is quite limited. The intent is to afford users the ability to quickly check their e-mail rather than wait for a lab computer to free up.
SLC Staff will:
- Accept classroom reservations.
- Unlock the classroom prior to use.
- Provide dry erasers and markers for the classroom white board.
- Be available to answer user questions and troubleshoot problems.
- Submit software requests in the manner required by Computing Sites. The submission procedure is outlined at the Computing Sites Software Page.
- Become familiar with the classroom prior to usage.
- Start and end classes on time.
- Prohibit food or drink during your class.
- Respect the space provided by asking students to clean up their area prior to leaving.