Join A Study Group
Why Join an SLC Study Group?
- Study and tackle challenging course concepts with the same group of peers for two hours each week.
- Receive guidance and support from a trained Study Group Facilitator who has already successfully completed the course.
- Get worksheets, practice exams, and other relevant course material.
- Build meaningful relationships with peers who are learning the same, often rigorous, material.
Are you ready to sign-up for a Study Group?
The SLC will be holding study groups for the following Summer 2013 courses:
- Biology 171, 172, 225, 305
- MCDB 310
- Chemistry 130
Registration for all study groups begins Wednesday, June 26.
Groups begin meeting on Thursday, June 27th.
We would like to encourage your participation in our study groups, please click here to learn more about our study groups and why you might want to register for one.
Registration begins at the following times on the SLC Registration Site:
Biology 171, 172, 225, 305
After registering, you may click "My Groups/Waitlists" on the SLC Registration Site to view what study groups and wait lists you are registered for. Study groups will begin meeting on Thursday, June 27th and will continue to meet once or twice per week throughout the term (depending on the group).
"Geoffrey created the perfect study group environment. All the members work together to solve tough problems, and he only directed questions to others. Every person was able to contribute/ participate/ learn because of the way the discussion was facilitated and not taught." —Study Group Member, Fall 2008
"Tiffany was great! Her worksheets were very helpful, and she made sure she was not just feeding us answers, but instead helping us to think about problems as a group. I would definitely recommend her!" —Study Group Member, Winter 2009