- Study and tackle challenging course concepts with the same group of peers for two hours each week.
- Receive guidance and support from a trained Study Group Facilitator who has already successfully completed the course.
- Get worksheets, practice exams, and other relevant course material.
- Build meaningful relationships with peers who are learning the same, often rigorous, material.
The SLC will be holding study groups for the following FALL 2014 courses:
- Biology 171, 172, 225, 305
- MCDB 310
- Chemistry 130, 210, 215, 230, 260/261, 351
- Math 156
- Physics 135, 140, 235, 240
Online registration will begin September 10, 2014.
"Geoffrey created the perfect study group environment. All the members work together to solve tough problems, and he only directed questions to others. Every person was able to contribute/ participate/ learn because of the way the discussion was facilitated and not taught." —Study Group Member, Fall 2008
"Tiffany was great! Her worksheets were very helpful, and she made sure she was not just feeding us answers, but instead helping us to think about problems as a group. I would definitely recommend her!" —Study Group Member, Winter 2009