- Study and tackle challenging course concepts with the same group of peers for two hours each week.
- Receive guidance and support from a trained Study Group Facilitator who has already successfully completed the course.
- Get worksheets, practice exams, and other relevant course material.
- Build meaningful relationships with peers who are learning the same, often rigorous, material.
Which courses are supported by a Study Group?
The SLC is currently holding study groups for the following WINTER 2015 courses. Click on the course number to register at any time throughout the term.
- Biology 171, 172, 225, 305
- MCDB 310
- Chemistry 130, 210, 215, 215H, 230, 260/261, 351
- Biophysics 120, 290
- Physics 135, 140, 235, 240
Which courses will be supported by a Study Group for Spring/Summer 2015?
Spring 2015 Study Groups:
Registration begins Monday, May 4 at the following times and then remains ongoing throughout the term:
12:00pm - Biology 171, 172, 225, 305
2:00pm - Physics 135, 140, 235, 240
4:00pm - MCDB 310; Chemistry 210, 215, 230
Summer 2015 Study Groups:
Registration begins Tuesday, June 30
Biology 171, 172, 225, 305
"Geoffrey created the perfect study group environment. All the members work together to solve tough problems, and he only directed questions to others. Every person was able to contribute/ participate/ learn because of the way the discussion was facilitated and not taught." —Study Group Member, Fall 2008
"Tiffany was great! Her worksheets were very helpful, and she made sure she was not just feeding us answers, but instead helping us to think about problems as a group. I would definitely recommend her!" —Study Group Member, Winter 2009