SLC TUTORING HELP ROOM - Located in 1720 Chemistry Building
Biology 171 and 172, Chemistry 130, 210, and 215
The Tutoring Help Room is a comfortable place for seeking assistance with course related questions from Peer Tutors.
PEER TUTORS PROVIDE:
- Supportive, focused and on-task assistance
- Assistance with developing strategies for understanding concepts, solving problems, and preparing for exams
- Guidance on homework problems
FALL AND WINTER TERM HOURS
Monday - Thursday 4-7 PM
Sunday 4-8 PM
- Tutors assist students on a first-come/first-helped basis
- During peak periods, students may need to wait for assistance
- Tutors may limit the length of help sessions to assist the maximum number of students
- Tutors may assist multiple students at a time for the same course
- "I was super frustrated with the Course Pack and the mental loop I was stuck in, and the tutor helped reaffirm what I knew and guided me on the right path to problem solving."
- "I like being around other students who need help also."
- "There were intelligent tutors, willing to help. I liked being able to work with the entire table of students and get everyone’s input/questions."