Science, Technology & Society at the University of Michigan
STS at the University of Michigan
The U-M Science, Technology & Society Program promotes education and scholarship on the social, political, and cultural dynamics of scientific knowledge, technological change, and medical research and practice. We feature an emphasis on international and global STS issues.
- Co-sponsored Event: Feminist Science Studies. HPV and the Expanding Sexual Politics of Cancer Prevention
Speaker: Laura Mamo, San Francisco State University
- STeMS Colloquium. Tremors, Critters, and Senses: Animals as Detectors of Earthquakes in Communist China
Speaker: Fa-ti Fan, State Univeristy of New York-Binghamton
- Undergraduate Course Fair!
- STeMS Colloquium. Coevolutionary History
Speaker: Ed Russell, University of Kansas
- STS Graduate Student Panel
- STeMS Colloquium. TBA
Speaker: Lisa Gitelman, New York University