Academic Standing / Suspension

Students in Good Academic Standing

The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts allows reactivation of a student previously enrolled if the student left in good academic standing.

International students on a visa who have missed a full term must contact the International Center to begin the reactivation process.

All other students who have been away for less than two years should contact the Office of the Registrar, 1513 LSA Building, phone 734.763.5174, to obtain an appointment for registration.

Students who have been absent from the College for more than two full years (24 months) must apply for reactivation by submitting an Application for Reactivation which is available from the Advising Center, 1255 Angell Hall.  These students also must meet with an Academic Standards Board member before their records can be reactivated.  Appointments are made in the Advising Center, 734.764.0332.

If a student has done academic work out of residence since leaving the College,  official transcript(s) of that work should be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, attn. Credit Evaluation, 1220 Student Activities Building, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1316.

 Suspended Students

Students suspended from the College for reasons of unsatisfactory academic performance must obtain permission to register from the Academic Standards Board. The readmission decision rests entirely with the Academic Standards Board. Students must make an appointment with a member of the Academic Standards Board at least eight weeks prior to the desired readmission term to discuss their academic situation and plans. The petition is written subsequent to this meeting and should be received by the Academic Standards Board at least six weeks prior to the beginning of the term in question.

College of Literature, Science, and the Arts 500 S. State Street, Ann Arbor, MI  48109 © 2016 Regents of the University of Michigan