Home / LSA Students / Academics & Requirements / Academic Policies / Transfer Information & Residence Policy / New Transfer Students /
Transfer Credit Equivalencies
Please read carefully.
Transfer Credit Equivalencies listed on this page are for college students only; high school students, depending on individual circumstances, may or may not receive transfer credit for courses if elected while in high school.
These resources will tell you if a course will transfer, but how the credit will work in your degree is more complicated.
Here are three warnings about interpreting the information correctly.
- The credit hours posted to the UM transcript are usually the number of credits granted at the offering institution. There are exceptions; for example, please see Transfer Credit from a Quarter-Calendar School if you're taking classes at a school on the quarter system.
- Community college credits may or may not transfer for you. See Transfer Credit from Community Colleges.
- Basic foreign language credits do transfer here, but these equivalencies show how the College will evaluate language courses for students entering LSA for the first time. Once a student has started coursework in the College, language departments do not allow courses from elsewhere to meet the language requirement without special permission.
If a course you'd like to take isn't listed, you need to request a pre-evaluation from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (Student Activities Building). An on-line form for requesting pre-evaluation can be found at: https://www.ugadmiss.umich.edu/TCE/Student/CT_TCEForm.aspx
For a demo-only version of this Transfer Credit Equivalency Request form, click here.
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- LSA Degrees & Requirements
- Academic Calendars
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Policies
- Academic Load and Normal Degree Progress
- Class Standing
- Transfer Information & Residence Policy
- Credits and GPA
- Transcript Notations
- Repetition and Out of Sequence
- Test Credit (AP, CLEP, IB, A-Level, etc.)
- Grading Issues
- Credit Limits
- Grade Appeals
- Graduation Procedures
- Student Records Policy
- Dual Enrollment while in High School
- Majors & Minors
- Course Selection & Scheduling
- Honors & Awards
- Academic Advising
- Faculty Listings
- Transfer Information
- Study Abroad
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative