Test Credit (AP, CLEP, IB, A-Level, etc.)

Advanced Placement (AP) Credit

Students may receive credit for Advanced Placement exams they complete in High School. Policies governing AP credits vary from department to department. As a result, it is essential that you discuss AP credits with your Academic Advisor at orientation.

For a tentative list of AP credits, go to the University of Michigan Admissions web site.

International Baccalaureate (IB) Credit

The Office of Undergraduate Admissions generally awards credit for I.B. higher level examinations passed with scores of 5 (or in some subjects, 4) or above. The University does not give credit for subsidiary level examinations.

International Advanced Standing Credit Guidelines

Credit Guidelines for Advanced Standing for British-Patterned Education (A/S levels), European-Patterned Education, and Canadian Education (CAAT for Ontario; CEGEP for Quebec)

Credit by Examination (CBE)

Recognizing that students may have background in particular academic areas, the faculty has left it to each department to decide if it is possible for students to earn credit by examination. Credit earned by examination is out-of-residence credit.

Retroactive Language Credits

LSA students may earn up to a maximum of 8 retroactive credits for prior academic work completed in French, German, Hebrew, Latin, Modern Greek, and Yiddish. To earn these credits students must complete an upper-level course into which they were placed with a grade of B or better.

College of Literature, Science, and the Arts 500 S. State Street, Ann Arbor, MI  48109 © 2016 Regents of the University of Michigan