Honors in American Culture and Latina/o Studies (through Summer 2010)
Effective through Summer 2010
Honors Plan. American Culture and Latina/o Studies majors with an overall grade point average of 3.5 or higher may apply for an honors major. The application process has three stages:
- In the first term of his or her junior year, the student must consult with the American Culture department advisor to gain permission to enroll in AMCULT 398, the Junior Honors Writing Workshop (three credits).?
- In the second term of the junior year, the student must successfully complete AMCULT 398, which involves preparing a thesis prospectus and bibliography and identifying a faculty advisor who will supervise the thesis and a second reader.?
- At the end of the second term of the junior year, the student will submit the prospectus and a letter of agreement from the faculty advisor. The student will then meet with the director of the Program in American Culture to discuss the prospectus and be accepted into the honors major.?
In both term of the senior year, the student will enroll for AMCULT 493 (three credits per term) to research and write the thesis.?
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising
- Transfer Information
- Study Abroad
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative