Home / LSA Students / Academics & Requirements / Majors & Minors / Romance Languages and Literatures /
Romance Languages and Literatures Departmental information
The Department offers courses in French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Romance linguistics, and Romance languages and cultures. The primary goals of the undergraduate program are:
- mastery of the language;
- an understanding and interpretation of Romance literatures and cultures; and
- preparation for teaching or other careers requiring specialized linguistic knowledge and skill.
The study of a second language expands the outlook and interests of the educated citizen. By providing insight into the social and intellectual life of other peoples, language study fosters humanistic attitudes and cultivates a spirit of tolerance and understanding.
Students supplement their training in classes by use of the Language Resource Center facilities and by participation in extra-curricular language activities.
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising in the College
- Faculty and Their Specializations
- Transfer Information
- Study Abroad
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative