Effective Winter 2015
Academic minors in Statistics are not open to students with a Statistics major or any other minor in Statistics.
The Statistics minor program is designed to equip students with a general introduction to probability and statistics. It allows a broad selection of classes to suit both general and specific interests.
Prerequisites to the Minor
- MATH 215.
- One of: EECS 183 or 285, or SI 106, or ENGR 101
Academic Minor Program
At least 15 credits of courses, to be chosen from the following categories as stated:
- Core Courses: STATS 250 (or 350) and 425, or STATS 412 and 425.
Elective Statistics Courses:
At least three additional 400-level STATS courses to bring the credit total to 15, chosen in consultation with and approved by a Statistics Department undergraduate department advisor.
Exclusions: The following courses may not be used as electives for the Statistics minor: STATS 400, 404, 412, 489, 499
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising in the College
- Faculty and Their Specializations
- Transfer Information
- Study Abroad
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative