The LSA International Internship Program works in conjunction with CRCC Asia, an internship placement Company, to help place our students in internships in China. Students have opportunities to intern in either Beijing or Shenzhen in a variety of sectors including but not limited to: Business, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, Media and Creative Industries, Legal, Architecture, or NGO’s.
Separate from CRCC, there are also internships available at Mapletree, a real estate investment firm.
You will begin the process by using the online M-Compass application (December 1, 2015 deadline).
If applying and accepted to CRCC, a phone interview will be set up with CRCC Asia the third week of January, who will oversee your placement process. Students can apply for the program start date of May 5th, June 2nd, June 30th, or July 28th. Please select your top 3 SECTOR choices as this will be used to place you in a host company by CRCC.
- CRCC has an annual scholarship program that will award up to $10,000 in scholarships for US & Canadian students. To learn more about the scholarship program and the application deadline read HERE. The application is TBD but will be available toward the end of November. University of Michigan students also receive up to a $200 scholarship automatically from CRCC Asia as part of our partnership with CRCC Asia.
The CRCC Asia China Internship Program includes the following services alongside provision of the work placement, job description, and an English-speaking supervisor:
- Pre-departure information and advice
- Official visa processing and support
- On-site cultural orientation and cultural training packet
- Accommodation (serviced apartment of international standard)
- Welcome Pack including prepaid SIM card, Travel Card and Guidebook
- Airport pickup in CRCC Asia minibus.
- Welcome banquet with fellow interns and the CRCC Asia team
- Chinese business etiquette training and training manual
- Full support and guidance from our teams on the ground
- Social events, including events such as acrobatics show, karaoke night and weekend charity visit
- Networking and business events including China Business Seminar
- Personalized business cards, certification and T-shirt
- Membership of CRCC Asia Alumni Network including access to Alumni Funds
Program Fees for China Internship Program:
- 1 Month - $3,495
- 2 Months - $4,695
- 3 Months - $5,845
Situational Discounts (for students who meet these conditions):
- No Visa Processing (Only applies to Chinese Nationals): $250 USD
- No Accommodation Needed:
- 1 month: $1,000 USD
- 2 months: $2,000 USD
- 3 months: $3,000 USD
Chinese National Package (No Accommodation, No Visa, No Mandarin Lessons, No Airport Pick Up, Still have access to 24/7 Support and CRCC Asia Events):
- 1 Month Program Equals: $2,095 USD
- 2 Month Program Equals: $2,145 USD
- 3 Month Program Equals: $2,195 USD
This does not include visa processing, accommodation, & Chinese language.
CRCC Asia interns stay in serviced apartments located in close proximity to the China Business District. The apartments are always within walking distance to the nearest public transportation and a short taxi journey to CRCC Asia offices. Participants share the apartments with one or two other interns of the same gender. Each person has a private bedroom and shares a bathroom, living room and kitchen. All apartments have central heating, air conditioning, Internet access, and a television. The apartment service includes provision and changes of bed linen and towels and weekly cleaning. There is a front desk reception and concierge service if required.
Housing for Mapletree is not provided.
All students require a relevant visa in order to legitimately engage in an internship in China.
CRCC Asia provides the necessary paperwork and oversees the visa process by working with each of our host companies to provide an official Invitation Letter for the intern. The CRCC Asia US Regional Offices in San Francisco and Pennsylvania use this letter and work with the Chinese Embassy to process the Business Visa. This service is included as part of the Internship Program cost, unless not required by the individual (i.e. Chinese citizen). It is highly recommended to go through CRCC Asia for the visa processing, as China visa regulations can be quite complex when obtaining a business visa.
All U-M students traveling abroad in a U-M-affiliated program are required to purchase HTH Heath Insurance which cost $1.10/day. You may register at: http://www.uhs.umich.edu/tai. You will also register your travel details and contact information through MCompass.
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising in the College
- Course Selection & Scheduling
- Transfer Information
- Study Abroad
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative