Visa requirements are your responsibility.
As the relationships between countries change, the laws governing travel between countries change also. It is 100% your responsibility to research the visa requirements for your stay abroad.
Some questions you will want to consider:
- What passport do I hold and what relationship does my country have with the country I wish to visit?
- Do I need a work visa?
- Perhaps if you are volunteering, or not being paid, you may not require a work visa.
- Should I enter the destination country as a student or a tourist or a "worker"?
The answers to these questions and the guidelines of how to obtain a visa, should you need one, can be found at: consulfrance-chicago.org. Warning: the process can be slow and frustrating, so BEGIN EARLY - it always takes longer than you think it will.
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising in the College
- Course Selection & Scheduling
- Faculty and Their Specializations
- Study Abroad
- Transfer Information
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative