Jake Steinerman, Alumni Class of 2012
Jake interned at Collaboration BSA Services in the Summer of 2011, while earning earned a B.S. in Social Computing Informatics and a Certificate in Entrepreneurship.
Lindsay Loridan, Class of 2013
Lindsay is a Senior in the College of LSA and a Communication Studies & Psychology double major. During the summer of 2012 she interned at UM Office of Development.
Richard Ireland, Alumni Class of 2010
Richard eared a Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science from UM. He intered at Deloitte Consulting during the summer of his Sophomore and Junior years.
As an LSA student, an internship can help you…
Everyone hopes an internship will be a stepping stone to a dream job. That’s obvious. But there are plenty of other ways internships can work for you, especially as a liberal arts undergrad:
- Build skills you can articulate: Your liberal arts degree is all about writing, problem solving, and thinking about big issues. Putting those skills into practice will help you refine your resume and your ability to sell yourself to employers.
- Networking: Create a network of social and professional acquaintances, see what life is like outside of campus, and develop your intercultural and collaborative skills.
- Be a better student: Seriously. When you come back, you’ll bring a new perspective with you. Maybe you’ll explore new classes, join a different group, or change majors. Regardless, you’ll come to Ann Arbor enriched.
News and Annoucements
November 18, 2013
UC 170 Positioning Yourself for a Successful Internship
Date: 11/19/2013; 6:00PM - 7:00PM
Location: Student Activities Building - Career Center Program Room
This fun workshop is for students who have already identified a field of interest and are in the process of internship searching.
Date: 11/20/2013; 4:00PM - 4:40PM
Location: Student Activities Building - The Career Center Program Room
This group discussion is for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who are currently exploring whether or not they would like to intern.
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising
- Faculty Listings
- Transfer Information
- Study Abroad
- Michigan Learning Communities
- International Internship Program
- Course Guide
- Your Student Experience
- For Graduate Students
- Sophomore Initiative