The LSA Scholarship for current students provides scholarships for the fall and winter terms to qualified LSA sophomores, juniors, and seniors who have demonstrated financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid. Scholarships range from $500 to $15,000 per year to applicants who meet the criteria listed below:
- Applicant must be an undergraduate enrolled in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts.
- They must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (possess a green card).
- They must be a continuing student who has completed at least their freshman year at the time of application. Transfer students from another higher education institution are eligible to apply for their first full year of enrollment.
- They also must apply for and receive need-based support through the Office of Financial Aid.
These scholarships are not renewable and an application must be filed each year. The application deadline for awards given in the fall and winter terms of 2015-2016 is July 1, 2015. All applicants are required to submit a completed application and must have a need based financial aid package from the Office of Financial Aid at the University of Michigan.
The LSA Current Student Scholarship requires a need-based financial aid package from the Office of Financial Aid. Because tuition rates are set in mid-July, and changes may affect the applicant's aid package, all applicants will receive award notifications in August via E-mail.
LSA Current Student Scholarship Application
The LSA Current Application will become available in January 2015. Please check back at that time.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scholarship Requirements
- Current Students
- External Scholarship Opportunities
- Prospective Students
- Transfer Students
- Scholarship Service Program
- Scholarship Index
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising in the College
- Course Selection & Scheduling
- Faculty and Their Specializations
- Study Abroad
- Transfer Information
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative