LSA Emergency Scholarships are ONLY available once in your entire undergraduate academic career.
- The LSA Emergency Scholarship provides scholarships for qualified LSA students in legitimate emergency situations where a dire event has occurred.
- Scholarships can cover educational expenses for the Fall or Winter terms (tuition, fees, room and board, books etc.) and non-educational related expenses (food, utility bills, prescriptions, emergency travel, health insurance, medical bills etc.) as long as the student has experienced a recent unexpected emergency.
- Poor financial choices do not constitute an emergency (e.g. credit card debt, poor use of financial aid funding, loans to friends or family of need based aid).
- This scholarship is not intended to supplement a student's financial aid package and we cannot award funds beyond what a student's aid package allows.
- The LSA Scholarship Office does not provide spring or summer term funding.
- Applicants must meet the criteria listed below:
- Must be an undergraduate currently enrolled and attending classes in the College of LSA on the Ann Arbor Campus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (possess a green card).
- Must apply for and receive need-based support through the Office of Financial Aid (OFA). If you have concerns about the details of your financial aid package please contact OFA directly: http://www.finaid.umich.edu/TopNav/OfficeHours.aspx.
Student must submit the LSA Emergency Scholarship application via the link below. This scholarship is not renewable. Please contact Erica Gehringer at email@example.com if you have any questions.
After submitting, please email Erica Gehringer at firstname.lastname@example.org that you have completed your application. Use the link provided above to apply for the LSA Emergency Scholarship.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scholarship Requirements
- Current Students
- External Scholarship Opportunities
- Prospective Students
- Transfer Students
- Scholarship Service Program
- Scholarship Index
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising in the College
- Course Selection & Scheduling
- Transfer Information
- Study Abroad
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative