Emergency Scholarships Are Available For Only One Academic Term Per Year
The LSA Emergency Scholarship provides scholarships for qualified LSA students in legitimate emergency situations where a catastrophic event has occurred. Poor financial choices do not constitute an emergency (e.g. credit card debt, poor use of financial aid funding, loans to friends or family of need based aid). This scholarship is not intended to supplement a student's financial aid package and we cannot award funds beyond what a student's aid package allows. The LSA Scholarship Office does not provide spring and/or summer term funding. Do not apply for the Emergency Scholarship if you need funding for tuition or housing for spring and/or summer terms. Applicants must meet the criteria listed below:
- Must be an undergraduate currently enrolled and attending classes in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts on the Ann Arbor Campus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (possess a green card).
- Must apply for and receive need-based support through the Office of Financial Aid (OFA). If you have concerns about the details of your financial aid package please contact OFA directly: http://www.finaid.umich.edu/TopNav/OfficeHours.aspx.
- Scholarships can cover educational expenses for the fall and/or winter terms (tuition, fees, room and board, books etc.) and non-educational related expenses (food, utility bills, prescriptions, emergency travel, health insurance, medical bills etc.) as long as the student has experienced a recent unexpected emergency.
- Student must submit the LSA Emergency Scholarship application via the link below. This scholarship is not renewable.
Use the link provided above to apply for the LSA Emergency Scholarship.
For questions regarding the LSA Emergency Scholarship, please contact the Trisha Fountain at 734-615-0660 or email at email@example.com.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scholarship Requirements
- Current Students
- External Scholarship Opportunities
- Prospective Students
- Transfer Students
- Scholarship Service Program
- Scholarship Index
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising in the College
- Faculty and Their Specializations
- Transfer Information
- Study Abroad
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative