LSA Global Experience Scholarship (Language)
When students apply for the LSA Global Experience Scholarship for Language programs through M-Compass, they will be considered for all scholarships available. Scholarships are granted based on financial need and amounts may range between $500 and $10,000 depending upon the level of need and program cost. Awards are not made for spending money or for supplemental travel outside of the program destination.
Please review the CGIS: LSA Global Experience Scholarship (Language) electronic brochure in M-Compass for scholarship application deadlines.
Financial Aid Abroad
In order to be considered for funding by the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) and the LSA Scholarship Office, students participating in an MGAP, Language, GIEU, or GCC program through CGIS must notify OFA of the term they will be studying abroad.
- For Spring / Summer programs: Once a student is accepted to their CGIS study abroad program, their CGIS program advisor will provide them with a Spring/Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Request form that they will need to complete and submit to OFA.
For more information about the types of financial aid that apply to a specific program, please visit www.finaid.umich.edu/Abroad. Please contact OFA with any questions you may have about the financial aid available for your program. The office is located in the Student Activities Building (2500 SAB) and can be reached by phone at 734-763-6600.
Additional Financial Aid Information
Study Abroad Advance Process:
If you are interested in receiving funds early and are participating in an MGAP or Language program, please contact OFA to inquire about the Study Abroad Advance process. The office is located in the Student Activities Building (2500 SAB) and can be reached by phone at 734-763-6600.
External Opportunities for Funding
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scholarship Requirements
- Current Students
- External Scholarship Opportunities
- Prospective Students
- Transfer Students
- Scholarship Service Program
- Scholarship Index
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising in the College
- Course Selection & Scheduling
- Faculty and Their Specializations
- Study Abroad
- Transfer Information
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative