Michigan Global Academic Program (MGAP)
LSA Global Experience Scholarship (MGAP)
When students apply for the LSA Global Experience Scholarship for MGAP through M-Compass they will be considered for all scholarships available. Scholarships are granted based on financial need and amounts may range between $500 and $10,000 depending upon the level of need and program costs. Awards are not made for spending money or for supplemental travel outside of the program destination.
For LSA Global Experience Scholarship application deadlines for all CGIS MGAP programs, review the CGIS: LSA Global Experience Scholarship (MGAP) electronic brochure in M-Compass.
Financial Aid Abroad
In order to be considered for funding by the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) and the LSA Scholarship Office, students participating in an MGAP or Language program through CGIS must notify OFA of the term they will be studying abroad.
- Spring / Summer: Once a student is accepted to their CGIS study abroad program, their CGIS program advisor will provide them with a Spring/Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Request form that they will need to complete and submit to the OFA.
- Fall / Winter and Academic Year: Once a student is accepted to their CGIS study abroad program, their CGIS program advisor will provide them with a Fall/Winter Study Abroad Financial Aid Request form that they will need to complete and submit to the OFA.
For more information about the types of financial aid that apply to a specific program, please visit www.finaid.umich.edu/Abroad. Please contact OFA with any questions you may have about the financial aid available for your program. The office is located in the Student Activities Building (2500 SAB) and can be reached by phone at 734-763-6600.
Additional Financial Aid Information
Study Abroad Advance Process:
Students who wish to receive their scholarship and/or MGrant funds early should contact OFA to inquire about the Study Abroad Advance Process. The office is located in the Student Activities Building (2500 SAB) and can be reached by phone at 734-763-6600.
Michigan Educational Trust (MET):
Students who receive funding through the Michigan Educational Trust or MET may use these funds toward tuition on University of Michigan sponsored MGAP and Language programs.
External Opportunities for Funding
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scholarship Requirements
- Current Students
- External Scholarship Opportunities
- Prospective Students
- Transfer Students
- Scholarship Service Program
- Scholarship Index
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising
- Faculty Listings
- Transfer Information
- Study Abroad
- Michigan Learning Communities
- International Internship Program
- Course Guide
- Your Student Experience
- For Graduate Students
- Sophomore Initiative