Internship Scholarships Available for Spring and Summer Academic Terms Only
The LSA Internship Scholarship for current students provides scholarships for spring and summer terms to qualified LSA sophomores, juniors, and seniors who have demonstrated financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid.
Internships allow students to gain valuable experience in an interested field or career, develop marketable skills, resume building, and establish networks while earning credit or financial compensation (up to $5,000).
Applicants must meet the following criteria and submit the following by 5:00pm on Monday, March 11, 2013:
- Must be undergraduate enrolled in a degree program in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts. Students participating in an internship after graduation do not qualify.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (possess a green card).
- Must have completed at least one full academic year at the University of Michigan.
- Must apply for and receive need-based support through the Office of Financial Aid. These scholarships are not renewable.
- Internship location can be foreign or domestic.
- Internship duration must be a minimum of six weeks.
- Internship must be 40 hours per week or full-time equivalent and can be paid or unpaid.
- Must submit Acceptance Letter with a description of the internship and duties. Please forward acceptance email or attach a PDF version of a hard copy acceptance letter in an email to Doug Fletcher, Scholarship Manager, at email@example.com. Students who do not have an acceptance letter at the time of applying for the LSA Internship Scholarship can submit their letter after the March 11th deadline, but still need to submit the scholarship application by the deadline. Acceptance letters must be received no later than April 11, 2013 in order to still be considered for an award. Eligible students who submit acceptance letters after that date will be considered for a scholarship on a first-come, first-served basis as funding allows.
The LSA Internship Scholarship application deadline for spring and/or summer 2013 internships has passed
After the completion of the internship, the student must submit the following to Laura Mayers, Scholarship Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A Student Report that discusses/summarizes the experience.
- Students will complete a Donor Thank You Letter (see examples here).
- The Intern Supervisor must also submit a student evaluation. Please use the document provided below:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scholarship Requirements
- Current Students
- External Scholarship Opportunities
- Prospective Students
- Transfer Students
- Scholarship Service Program
- Scholarship Index
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising
- Transfer Information
- Study Abroad
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative