Frequently Asked Questions

  • null
  • null
  • null
  • null

For general scholarship requirement information, visit HERE.

How and when do I thank the donor of my scholarship?

  • You will receive an email in the Fall with a link and instructions to complete a donor thank you survey.

What if I am enrolled below full-time?

  • Students who are not enrolled full-time will not receive an LSA Scholarship.
    • Some exceptions may apply for graduating seniors.

What if I was enrolled full-time, but I dropped to part-time during the semester?

  • LSA Scholarships awarded to students are based on full-time enrollment. If you drop below full-time, your scholarship will be reduced, and you will have to pay a portion of it back.

What if I want to transfer to the School of Business/College of Engineering/etc. Will my scholarship transfer?

  • If you accept an LSA scholarship, it is only effective during the time you are enrolled in the College of LSA. Therefore, if you transfer to another school or college, you will no longer be eligible to receive an LSA Scholarship. You must contact the scholarship office prior to the beginning of the academic term the transfer will be in effect.

What if I am a Multiple Dependent Degree Program (MDDP) or “Dual Degree” student with LSA?

  • Only students who have officially declared an MDDP with LSA can receive an LSA Scholarship.
  • Students must also complete both degrees.  
    • If the LSA degree is not completed for any reason, the scholarship will be retroactively cancelled and you will be billed for the full amount beginning from the first semester that the MDDP began.
    • Non-payment may result in a hold on the student’s diploma, or a block on the request for an official transcript until the amount due is paid.

If I’m on a 4-year renewable scholarship, do I need to fill out my FASFA each year?

  • If you receive financial aid through the Office of Financial aid, yes.

Can transfer students apply for scholarships?

  • Incoming transfer students may apply for our Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer Scholarships.
    • You must also apply for financial aid in order to be considered.

What if I get an additional scholarship outside of the LSA Scholarship Office?

  • Students must notify the LSA Scholarship Office of any funds or support they receive.

What if I need to take time off from school?

  • Students receiving 4-year scholarships from the College of LSA may choose not to enroll for an academic term while still retaining their LSA Scholarship. However, scholarships do not carry forward and scholarship eligibility for the term that the student is not enrolled will be forfeited. 
    • These restrictions do not apply to students who have taken a leave from school because of a medical condition.

How do I complete my service hours?

What if my GPA falls below the minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA requirement?

  • Contact Katherine Weathers, the LSA Scholarship Coordinator, at  set up an appointment to discuss your situation. Please fill out the Scholarship Evaluation Form below with your academic advisor prior to meeting with Katherine.

Scholarship Evaluation Form (PDF)

If you have any further questions, please email Erica Gehringer at

College of Literature, Science, and the Arts 500 S. State Street, Ann Arbor, MI  48109 © 2016 Regents of the University of Michigan