Home / LSA Students / Sophomore Initiative / Events /
Radio Journalism Workshop with Rebecca Williams (Registration Required)
Workshop format: Students will have a brief tour the NPR studios. Using samples of her own work, Rebecca will guide students through the creative process, and present the elements of effective journalism, and how these stories motivate people to feel different emotions, think critically about the issue, and even modify their behavior. There will be two workshops: The Morning Session (10am-12pm) and The Afternoon Session (2-4pm).
Who should attend this workshop: Any student who wants to effectively communicate the need for environmental behavior change. Applies to students interested in environmental journalism/writing, policy, education, behavior change, communication/ marketing, business, urban planning, or community outreach.
From this workshop, students will:
1. Learn interview techniques and how to drive a discussion about multi-faceted issues
2. Develop understanding of elements needed for effective radio journalism.
3. Learn what role the arts and media play in influencing environmental and social movements
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising
- Transfer Information
- Study Abroad
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative