Summer Programs

Summer in Ann Arbor

"It's a great time to experience not only Ann Arbor but the U of M education at its best. I enjoyed my summer class more than any other class I have taken at Michigan. It gave me a chance to take a class outside my major that I would have otherwise not had time to take especially since I'm a student-athlete in a varsity sport. I will definitely take another spring/summer course.." — A 2011 summer term student

Did You Know...

• ...that 90% of LSA students in summer courses recommend the experience?
  • ...that spring/summer tuition is cheaper for most undergrads?
  • ...that 87% of summer students were able to enroll in the class they were looking for?
  • ...that Ann Arbor in June has a lot less snow than Ann Arbor in February?

Registering for Summer Courses

Depending on your work schedule, when a course is offered, the number of credits you need, et cetera, you may take LSA courses in Spring term (May–June), Summer term (July–August), or Spring/Summer term (May–August). Registration for these courses begins in March and lasts throughout the beginning of the spring, summer, or spring/summer term so you can register when it's convenient for you.  Check out the LSA Course Guide for information about our courses and go to Wolverine Access to register.

Other Offerings

In addition to actual courses, other programs may offer spring/summer options. In particular, you may want to consider studying abroad, completing an internship, or doing a research project: