Info Session (Wednesday, October 14th 5-6:30pm @ Michigan Union - Wolverine Room)
Application Deadline (Noon, Monday, October 26th, Sweetland office - 1310 North Quad)
Requirements for the application:
- Students must have completed their First-Year Writing Requirement with a grade of C or higher. Transfer students who completed the FYWR with a transfer course approved by Sweetland will need to show proof of receiving a grade of C or higher.
- Students must have at least three full terms remaining in their academic program.
Materials for application:
- Completed application form (to be posted here in October)
- Letter of interest
- Writing sample from any college course
- Unofficial U-M transcript (available through Wolverine Access)
Admission process and criteria:
- Submit all materials in hard copy to Sweetland Center for Writing, 1310 North Quad, by the application deadline.
- The admission process is competitive and space is limited. Because space is limited students must complete the minor gateway course, Writing 220: Introduction to the Minor in Writing, in their first semester Minor.
- Application materials are reviewed by a committee of Sweetland faculty, who make admissions recommendations based upon the quality of the writing sample, the reasons given for applying to the minor, and student’s overall academic performance.
- Students are notified of the decision via email prior to the beginning of registration.