Summer Internships for Peer Writing Consultants and Minors in Writing
The Sweetland Center for Writing seeks applicants for two paid summer internships from mid-May through mid-August. Applicants must be seniors in Fall 2015 or be graduating in May 2015 and have completed Writing 220 or Writing 301. Interns work 15-20 hours per week between 8am and 4:30pm, Monday-Friday, and earn $12/hour.
Interns work closely with each other and Sweetland staff and faculty on several writing center initiatives, which may include but are not limited to:
- visiting classes and campus organizations to promote Sweetland services;
- collaborating on special projects for Sweetland’s website (e.g. Peer Writing Consultant Program, Minor in Writing, online writing and tutoring resources, audio and video podcasts, etc.); and
- other projects dependent on the interns’ specific interests and skills.
Some general office work, such as filing and making copies, may also be required.
Interns should possess excellent oral and written communication skills; be able to multitask, prioritize, think creatively, take initiative, work both independently and collaboratively, and be proactive, innovative, organized, and intellectually curious.
Strong interest in composition studies and writing center work, good design sense, and strong new media skills are required. Experience conducting research and compiling statistics from Excel is desired. Familiarity with some of the following preferred: Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Apps, iMovie, and Microsoft Excel.
How to apply:
- Complete the following application
- Create one PDF that includes the application and your resume
- Upload it to your drop box on the Sweetland Internship CTools site.
The application deadline is 11:59pm, Sunday, March 15, 2015. Detailed instructions are included on the application. Selected applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. All applicants will be notified of our decisions by Friday, April 3, 2015.