The goal of the Upper-Level Writing Requirement (ULWR) is to teach students to recognize and master the writing conventions of their chosen concentration. Students receive extensive feedback on their writing from their ULWR course Instructors and are expected to revise their work over the course of the term.
The Sweetland Center for Writing approves LSA departmental offerings that satisfy the ULWR. In ULWR courses, students learn to:
- logically organize their thoughts into writing;
- use clear and concise language;
- analyze information masterfully;
- incorporate appropriate evidence into their analysis;
- understand the central concepts, approaches, materials and written conventions in their chosen concentration.
- How to Satisfy the Upper-Level Writing Requirement
- The FAQs of the ULWR
- Fall 2013 ULWR Course Offerings
- Special Arrangements
- How to propose or renew an ULWR course