Welcome to UMBS
Our students use the northern Great Lakes region as their classroom. They learn about the world by spending each day immersed in it. By visiting habitats, collecting samples and observing interactions students face and become adept at addressing challenges a lab can’t begin to replicate.
And they do it side by side with friends and faculty in a highly interactive community. Students and researchers spend each day talking, dining, and relaxing with each other. Ideas are exchanged over ice cream. These relationships are as important to advancing scientific knowledge as our research.
Through these interactions, participants become flexible thinkers and creative analysts – just the kind of people the world needs to address our most pressing global problems.
- Analytical Chemistry Lab Assistant seasonal position January 28, 2015
- Deadline Approaching for UMBS REU -- Funded Undergraduate Research January 22, 2015
- Alumni Fund Aquatic Research for 2015 January 7, 2015
- Information Session: Meet the Instructors
- 07:00 PM
- Winter Research Meeting
02/20/2015 - 02/21/2015;
- 05:00 PM
- Orientation for 2015 Students
- 07:30 PM