Graduate Student Support Application Process
To Apply for Research Support:
1) Complete and submit online the UMBS Application for Housing & Research form.
2) Submit a brief cover letter, via e-mail, with an application attached as a single document (Word or Word-readable file, e.g. RTF). The application must include the following, in order:
· Project Summary (1 page maximum):
· Research Plan (1 page max.):
· Budget (1 page max.)
· Budget Justification (1 page max.)
· Curriculum Vita or Resume (2 pages max.).
Applicants should indicate the name and professional affiliation of their mentor within the cover letter. Mentors should submit a separate letter (as an e-mail) in support of each student application
Funds may be requested in support of travel, materials and supplies, analytical costs, laboratory use fees, and unmet (from other sources) costs of housing and board at UMBS during the summer. Applicants may also request support for field and analytical activities for fall and winter if justified within the context of the proposed research project.
The student cover letter with an attached application file, and an independent letter from the faculty mentor should be sent to:
Karie Slavik, Associate Director, UMBS
Target date: Applications received by February 15, 2013 will receive the highest priority for consideration for Summer 2013.