University of Michigan Museum of Zoology

giving

Congratulations to Murrell, EEB administrative specialist at Ruthven

8/7/2012

( More )

Robbin Murrell was promoted to the new administrative specialist position for the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology in the Ruthven Museums August 1, 2012.

"I am excited to take on this new challenge," said Murrell. "I'm quickly realizing that administrative problem solver would be a more appropriate title than administrative specialist," he joked. "My goal is to keep museum operations running smoothly behind the scenes."

Murrell worked with the faculty, students, and staff in the Museum of Zoology for six years as a senior accounting clerk prior to his promotion. Before his stint in zoology, he worked in the Ann Arbor Public Schools for a year, in the Division of General Pediatrics at the U-M Health System for 18 months, and at the Institute for Social Research for nearly six years. He brings a wealth of knowledge and skill to his new role as administrative specialist.

Murrell’s major responsibilities include publication sales, purchasing, human resources, facilities assistance, reimbursements and acting as the specimen relocation liaison. He is located full-time in room 1080 of the Ruthven Museums Building.