The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) is a national award winning program which creates research partnerships between first and second year students and University of Michigan faculty and research scientists. All schools and colleges of the University of Michigan are active participants in UROP, thereby providing a wealth of research topics from which a student can choose.
For University of Michigan Undergraduate Students
- For first and second year students a research experience supervised by a research sponsor academic year from September through April. Includes mandatory research seminars and assignments.
- Summer Research Fellowship programs provide a 10 week, full time independent research experience.
- There is undergraduate funding support for research supplies, travel support to conduct research or present research at a conference, or presentation of a creative performance.
For University of Michigan Researchers and Community Partners
- Researchers can receive research support from undergraduate research assistants. UROP pays student wages, provides academic credit options and manages paperwork.
- Supplementary funding for out of pocket expenses incurred with sponsoring a UROP student(s).