The application requires the following information:
- Project title
- Project description: Describe the overall goals and purpose of this project. This may include the research/scholarly question, background and methods. Describe how the student's work fits into the overall project.
- Student tasks and responsibilities: Be specific. Students should be given a variety of work of increasing responsibility and difficulty as the year progresses.
- Student qualifications and skills: Be specific. Include classes, schedule (eg. time of mandatory weekly meetings, must be available for 3 hours blocks of time), characteristics (attention to detail)
- Hours student is required to work per week: You have the option of selecting 6-8, 8-10 or 10-12 hours per week.
- Number of UROP students: New sponsors – we recommend that you work with no more than 2 UROP students. Seasoned sponsors – we recommend that you work with no more than 4 UROP students.
- Person student should contact to submit resume, schedule interview.
- To submit a New Project, click on "Please start a new application for the 2012-2013 Academic Year."
- To Renew a Project, Click on "Open Application" next to the project you want to renew.
You do not need to have all this information to begin the process of submitting a project. We use an on-line application that allows you to save information and come back at a later time to complete your submission. Be sure to save your work as you progress through the application though, as it will time out after 60 minutes.
If you need more information on how to design an appropriate project, you can review the Designing a Student Project section or contact Katy Downs at (734) 615-9000.
Applications for Fall 2013 - Winter 2014 are now open
Please submit your application by August 24th, 2013 to get into the original Project Search Book.
Note: if you are in the Ann Arbor area and not U of M faculty or staff, please contact Katy Downs at (734) 615-9000.