The UROP Research Scholars Program is designed for students who want to participate in UROP for a second year. Scholars are expected to utilize the skills and experiences from their first year and expand their contribution to their research project and seminars.
APPLICATIONS FOR the 2014-2015 RESEARCH SCHOLARS PROGRAM ARE NOW CLOSED.
If you submitted your application before 6/23/14, you should have gotten an email letting you know if you were 1) accepted into the program 2) not accepted into the program or 3) on the waitlist. If you were placed on the waitlist because your sponsor and/or PA had not submitted the recommendation form, your sponsor/PA has been emailed.
The 2014-2015 Research Scholars program is available only to students participating in UROP for the first time during the 2013-2014 academic year. In addition, eligible students:
- Will be an undergraduate at the UM-Ann Arbor Campus during the 2014-2015 academic year,
- Have talked with their UROP sponsor about how the student will contribute to the project at a more advanced level, and
- Commit to participating in seminars and other Research Scholar events Fall 2014 and Winter 2015.
Updates: May 7, 2014
- Need to accept the position within 10 days or your position may go to a student on the waitlist. Click here to accept your position.
- Will be able to register during the first week of classes by coming to the UROP Office to pick up a contract, completing the contract with your sponsor, and returning it to the UROP office.
- Rolling admissions continue through mid-summer or when all positions are filled.
- Fall 2014: Scholars will meet Tuesdays 6:00 – 7:30 p.m during this time for seminars and other activities. Seminars will be approximately biweekly. Scholars will have up to 2 other activities during this time per semester.
If you have any questions about your eligibility to apply or the application process for the Research Scholars Program, please contact Katy Downs, UROP Assistant Director at 734.615.9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.