The UROP Research Scholars Program is designed for students who want to participate in UROP for a second year. Scholars are expected to utilize the skills and experiences from their first year and expand their contribution to their research project and seminars.
The 2014-2015 Research Scholars program is available only to students participating in UROP for the first time during the 2013-2014 academic year. In addition, eligible students:
- Will be an undergraduate at the UM-Ann Arbor Campus during the 2014-2015 academic year,
- Have talked with their UROP sponsor about how the student will contribute to the project at a more advanced level, and
- Commit to participating in seminars and other Research Scholar events Fall 2014 and Winter 2015.
Updates: March 26, 2014
- Early Decision: Students who submitted applications in time for early decision have been emailed. If you are missing recommendations from your sponsor and/or PA, you will be emailed by April 19th. If you think you should have been emailed, but were not, check your application – did you submit it by March 19th? If yes, ask your PA to check the database.
- Rolling admissions will continue through mid-summer.
- Biweekly seminars are scheduled for Tuesday's from 6:00 - 7:30 pm.
- February 13: Information Session from 3:00 – 4:00 in 1160 USB
- February 20: Drop-in hours to ask questions 10:00 - 2:00 1190 USB
- February 21: Information Session from 11:00 - 12:00 in 1160 USB
- February 24: Drop-in hours to ask questions 10:00 - 2:00 1190 USB
- On-line applications will be available in late February.
- March 11: Drop-in hours to ask questions 2:00 - 5:30 1190 USB
- March 13: Drop- hours to ask questions 10:00 - 11:30 1190 USB
- March 17: Drop-in hours to ask questions 10:00 - 4:30 1190 USB
- March 19: Application and recommendations from UROP sponsor and Peer Advisor due for early decision
- April 3: Drop-in hours to ask questions 3:30 - 4:45 1190 USB
- April 4: Drop-in hours to ask questions 10:00 - 10:30 and 3:30 - 4:30 1190 USB
*Newly added drop-in hours
- April 21: Drop-in hours to ask questions 11:00 - 5:00 1190 USB
- April 24: Drop-in hours to ask questions 11:00 - 2:00 1190 USB
- April 25: Drop-in hours to ask questions 10:00 - 2:00 1190 USB
- April 28: Drop-in hours to ask questions 10:00 - 4:30 1190 USB
- April 29: Drop-in hours to ask questions 10:00 - 4:30 1190 USB
- May 1: Drop-in hours to ask questions 10:00 - 4:30 1190 USB
- Mid April: Early decision admission notifications emailed; deadline for student to accept admissions offer is one week after the email notification is sent.
Since only current UROP students are eligible to apply to the Research Scholars Program, the link to the application will be posted on Peer Advisors’ CTools sites.
If you have any questions about your eligibility to apply or the application process for the Research Scholars Program, please meet with Katy Downs, during the drop-on hours posted above. Additional drop-in hours will be added as needed, so check for additional times.