UROP Summer Fellowships
UROP sponsors several Summer Research Fellowship Programs designed for University of Michigan undergraduate students seeking an intense research experience in traditional laboratory settings and in the community. These fellowship provides students with the chance to undertake and complete individual research projects; learn firsthand about the life of an academic researcher; think about academic and post graduate careers; and develop strong mentor relationships.
In many cases students will use the summer to conduct work that forms the basis for an honors thesis or contributes to a published article. All of the summer fellowship programs include weekly seminars and other community- building opportunities for participants and conclude with poster presentations at a symposium. Gifts from the UROP Leadership Committee and other donors as well as outside grants provide support for our many summer fellowship programs. The size of the program varies depending on funding.
Applications for summer fellowships can only be submitted by students, NOT research sponsors.
Information Sessions are now taking place at the following times and places:
The following programs are available ONLY to students ALREADY attending the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Campus.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences Summer Fellowship Program
- Community Based Research Program
- Semiconductor Research Corporation Summer Fellowship Program in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences Summer Research Fellowship
- U-M Energy Institute Fellowship Program
The following program is available to students enrolled in ANY community college in the state of Michigan.
- Community College Summer Fellowship Program at the University of Michigan
(formerly known as the JKC and/or MCCSSFP Program)
- Fall-Winter Programs
- Summer Programs
- Which Program Should I Apply For?
- Finding a Research Project
- Sample Projects