BIOLOGY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS: NOW OPEN!!
Dear Program in Biology Students,
The Program in Biology is pleased to open undergraduate scholarship applications for 2013!
The following award opportunities are available:
- Underwood Alger Scholarship: This scholarship program is intended to provide support for students majoring in the biological sciences. For this program, special consideration will be given to applicants who have financial need. Awards of $1000 each will be made.
- Slater Scholarship: This scholarship program is intended to provide support to outstanding students of junior standing, working in labs that specialize in plant systematics or field botany. Awards of $1000 each will be made.
- K. L. Jones Award: This award is intended to provide support for outstanding students doing research in plant biology labs. Awards of $200-$250 each will be made.
- EEB Travel, Research, and Internship Funding: Undergraduate students conducting research in the laboratories of faculty members in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and EEB concentrators working in other labs may apply for a one-time grant of up to $1000 for field research, internship experiences or for travel to a conference at which the student presents a paper.
- MCDB Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship: Summer fellowships of $1000 each are available for students doing research in an MCDB faculty lab for 20 hours per week for at least 6 weeks during May - June 2013. Any student working in an MCDB lab is eligible, but some preference will be given to those working on a project for honors and to those with financial need.
- Beckman Scholars Program: Each chosen Beckman Scholar (maximum of 3) will receive an award of $19,300 over two summers and an academic year to support his/her education and research activities. Eligible students are...: Majoring in the Program in Biology or Chemistry dept.; Sophomore or Junior standing (minimum of 3 terms completed); Citizen or Permanent Resident of United States; GPA of 3.7 or greater; ability to commit to one summer, academic year, and the following summer for part-time research; and working with (or interested in working with) one of the listed eligible mentors. Current mentors are listed in the application. Read more about the Beckman Scholars Program.
Scholarship deadline is March 15, 2013.
* Please note The Program in Biology scholarships are not open to those graduating in May 2013.
Feel free to contact us with any questions at: