Department of Sociology recognizes the importance of graduating from college in the lives of students and families. Each spring, the department hosts a reception for graduating concentrators. The reception is historically in an on-campus building on the afternoon before University Commencement. Graduating seniors (including December graduates from the previous calendar year) will receive more detailed information about the event in mid-March.
The University's Graduate's Guide to Commencement provides details on academic dress and the University Commencements in December and May.
- Culture, History, Politics Workshop
- Demography Workshop
- Economic Sociology Workshop
- Gender Workshop
- Inequality and Family Working Group
- Qualitative Methods Workshop
- Quantitative Sociology Workshop
- Social Movements Workshop
- Social Theory Workshop
- Graduate School and Beyond
- Undergraduate Events
- Conversations in Michigan Sociology