Apply to be a Sweetland Peer Tutor!
Do you love writing? Do you love working with your peers to improve their writing skills? If so, The Sweetland Center for Writing?s Peer Tutoring Program may have an opportunity for you!
Sweetland is recruiting undergrads in any discipline to train as peer tutors in writing. Ideal candidates write well, enjoy collaboration, and demonstrate reliable and conscientious behavior. They will also have 24 credits (not including counting AP credits) by the start of the Winter 2013 term.
In your application, include:
1. The completed application form
2. A sample of academic writing from a U-M course.
3. A letter of recommendation from a U-M instructor.
4. An unofficial copy of your transcript (saved as a PDF).
5. A two-page essay based on the prompt on the application form.
To apply to the Peer Tutoring Program, you can download the application from Sweetland's website (under ?Submitting Your Application?) at: http://www.lsa.umich.edu/sweetland/forstudents/peertutoring/becomeapeertutor.
Applications are due Wednesday, October 31st, at 11.59pm.