YouTube Videos not Appearing in Firefox on Editing Server
Users who currently choose to show YouTube video content in their homepage slideshow region may have noticed that the video no longer appears on the editing server (https://www.lsa.umich.edu) when using FireFox. Don't be alarmed. Your video is still live and working as expected on your public-facing website. The reason YouTube videos are suddenly not appearing is that Firefox has made yet another change to their browser security settings that requires CMS users to make a change to the URL in the External Source URL field of the Media Video Content Type Editing form (see image below).
The steps to make the change are as follows:
1. Open the homepage video content item for editing
2. In the External Source URL field add the letter "s" to http://, so that it now reads https://.
3. Apply, Approve and Publish the content.
4. Clear the management cache.
5. Your video will now appear in the editing window.
If you need any additional assistance, please let us know by sending an email to LSA Web Services.