- Uranium from Africa and the Power of Nuclear Things. Transnational project on the social, political, and cultural history of uranium production in southern and central Africa. Archival and oral history research conducted in South Africa, Namibia, Gabon, and Madagascar (2001-2008, NEH, NSF, Burkhardt Fellowship).
- The Technopolitics of Apartheid in Southern Africa with Paul N. Edwards (current, Guggenheim and Carnegie Foundation support under Edwards).
- Bodies, Networks, Geographies: Colonialism, Development, and Cold War Technopolitics. Edited volume in progress, preceded by workshops in 2005 and 2007.
- South Africa
- Center for Human Growth and Development
- College of Engineering
- College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy
- Institute for Research on Women and Gender
- Institute for Social Research
- Law School
- Medical School
- School of Art and Design
- School of Kinesiology
- School of Music, Theater and Dance
- School of Natural Resources and Environment
- School of Nursing
- School of Public Health
- School of Social Work
- Stephen M. Ross School of Business
- Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning