RC Faculty Virginia Murphy nominated for the Golden Apple Award

Mar 13, 2014 Bookmark and Share

The Golden Apple Award is the only student nominated award that recognizes outstanding university teaching. This year, RC faculty Virginia Murphy was nominated for the award.

Comments from Virginia's students included “Professor Murphy made my freshman writing seminar the best class I've ever taken. With her thoughtful approach to teaching and her passion for writing and film, she stood out as one of the only teachers I've ever had in my academic career who could teach me "required" subject matter in a way that made me truly excited to be studying it. (It's not super easy to make analytic writing fun). She was also kind enough to invite our entire freshman writing seminar over to her house for a film screening and homemade dinner-a personal touch that was very memorable. It's clear that Professor Murphy has a passion and gift for teaching that is uniquely impressive."

The Residential College congratulates Virginia on her nomination, and thanks her for her commitment to this University and its students.