Professor, Near Eastern Studies
- Arabic studies research in Egypt since 1963.
- Major Themes in Modern Arabic Thoughts. (U-M Press and American University in Cairo Press, 1979).
- Extensive translation work from both classical and contemporary Arabic.
- Near Eastern Studies
- Center for Human Growth and Development
- College of Engineering
- College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy
- Institute for Research on Women and Gender
- Institute for Social Research
- Law School
- Medical School
- School of Art and Design
- School of Kinesiology
- School of Music, Theater and Dance
- School of Natural Resources and Environment
- School of Nursing
- School of Public Health
- School of Social Work
- Stephen M. Ross School of Business
- Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning