International Opportunities Fair - Sponsored by The Career Center
What to Expect
The International Opportunities Fair is a great way to with organizations with an international focus right here on campus! We expect 50-60 organizations and 400+ students to participate in the event.
The Fair includes:
- Internships/Short-term Work Abroad Programs/Organizations
- Study-Internship Programs/Organizations
- Volunteer/Teaching Abroad Programs/Organizations
- Graduate School Programs
- Organizations with full-time positions (e.g., government organizations with international focus)
- Registration is on-site the day of the event
- There is no registration fee. Bring your student ID
- This event targets UM-Ann Arbor students, however, non UM-Ann Arbor students may attend. There is a $20 registration fee (cash only)
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I wear?
Suits are always appropriate for the Fair. Business casual is okay too. Keep in mind, however, “business casual” doesn’t mean “classroom casual.” Organizations say first impressions count, so give some thought to what you wear.
I only have 30 minutes between classes… should I still come?
Yes! but maximize your time by checking the list of organizations before the Fair and picking your top 3-5 organizations. On the day of the Fair, register and head straight to your top choice organization. If there’s a long line move on to the next one on your list. 30 minutes is plenty of time to connect with 2-3 organizations.
What do I bring to the Fair?
Your resume will be helpful for organizations featuring full-time and/or internship opportunities. Unofficial transcripts, reference sheets, a pen/pencil and notebook may also come in handy.
Other questions? Come chat with us during advising hours or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to http://careercenter.umich.edu/article/international-career-pathways to learn more about which companies will be participating.
- Culture, History, Politics Workshop
- Demography Workshop
- Economic Sociology Workshop
- Gender Workshop
- Inequality and Family Working Group
- Qualitative Methods Workshop
- Quantitative Sociology Workshop
- Social Movements Workshop
- Social Theory Workshop
- Graduate School and Beyond
- Undergraduate Events
- Conversations in Michigan Sociology