Academic Writing in the Social Sciences & Humanities
Co-Sponsored with the Rackham Graduate School
This workshop is designed to help graduate students identify and meet the challenges of academic writing in the Social Sciences and Humanities. This workshop will offer practical suggestions on how to:
- Contextualize, frame, and test an effective argument
- Strengthen the structure of an argument
- Identify writing conventions in your discipline
- Situate your work within the existing scholarship of your field
- Write with clarity and precision at the level of sentence, paragraph, and section
- Solicit and respond to feedback from advisors and peers
This workshop will be useful for Social Science and Humanities graduate students writing seminar papers, dissertations, conference papers and articles.
- Courses & Registration
- Academic Calendar
Why the Liberal Arts?
- Knowing the Expectations for Your Degree
- Choosing a Major
- Cross-Campus Transfers