Experimental and Theoretical Discussions by U-M Professors Gordon Kane, Homer Neal, Jay Chapman, Jianming Qian and Aaron Pierce.
- Particle physics history of the past half century, and how it relates to the Higgs boson.
- The role of U-M in experiments to unlock the mystery of electroweak symmetry breaking
- Particle physics detector design and construction at U-M
- The Higgs boson discovery with the ATLAS detector at the CERN Large Hadron Collider
- The significance and impact of the Higgs discovery in future particle physics
The physicists will field questions at the panel’s conclusion.