Assistant Professor, Economics
Post-doctoral Fellow, Population Studies Center
- Malawi Diffusion and Ideational Change Project (2004-present).
- Incentives and HIV Prevention with Hans-Peter Kohler (University of Pennsylvania). Experiment to study the impact of learning HIV status on subsequent behavior, and the impact of receiving cash incentives to remain HIV negative (2006-present).
- Girls Scholarship Program with Michael Kremer (Harvard University) and Edward Miguel (University of California, Berkeley). Experiment to examine the effects of merit-based scholarships (2002-present).
- Circumcision, Information and HIV Prevention in Malawi. Experiment to study the demand for circumcision (2007-present).
- Roads and HIV Prevalence in Malawi with Erica Field (Harvard University).
- Determinants of Traffic Accidents in Malawi.
- Polygyny - determinants and effects in several countries across Africa.
- Measuring subjective life expectancy in South Africa and Malawi with David Lam (U-M).
- South Africa
- Population Studies Center
- Center for Human Growth and Development
- College of Engineering
- College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy
- Institute for Research on Women and Gender
- Institute for Social Research
- Law School
- Medical School
- School of Art and Design
- School of Kinesiology
- School of Music, Theater and Dance
- School of Natural Resources and Environment
- School of Nursing
- School of Public Health
- School of Social Work
- Stephen M. Ross School of Business
- Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning