Vice Provost, International Affairs
Samuel J. Eldersveld Collegiate Professor, Political Science
Director, International Institute
Research Professor, Center for Political Studies
- Contribution to Democracy in the Arab World Through Survey Research: Incorporating Arab Countries into the Global Democracy Barometer Project - PI (2004- present, US Dept. of State).
- Study Group on Arab Democracy and Development (2007-present, Brookings Institution, Saban Center for Middle East Policy).
- World Values Survey. Project Director for Algerian survey and consultant for surveys in Islamic countries (2001-present, NSF).
- Partnership between the University of Michigan and the University of Algiers, Algiers, Algeria (2002-2005, US Dept. of State, University Affiliations).
- American Institute for Maghrib Studies. Served as President from 1995-2004 and has been on the Board of Directors since 1984. Received twelve grants, eight earned in national competition, to support the North African operations and programs of the Institute (1996-present, US Information Agency, US Dept. of State).
- Ivory Coast
- Center for Political Studies
- Political Science
- International Institute
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- Guinea Bissau
- Ivory Coast
- São Tomé and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Western Sahara