Vice Provost, International Affairs
Samuel J. Eldersveld Collegiate Professor, Political Science
Director, International Institute
Research Professor, Center for Political Studies
- Contribution to Democracy in the Arab World Through Survey Research: Incorporating Arab Countries into the Global Democracy Barometer Project - PI (2004- present, US Dept. of State).
- Study Group on Arab Democracy and Development (2007-present, Brookings Institution, Saban Center for Middle East Policy).
- World Values Survey. Project Director for Algerian survey and consultant for surveys in Islamic countries (2001-present, NSF).
- Partnership between the University of Michigan and the University of Algiers, Algiers, Algeria (2002-2005, US Dept. of State, University Affiliations).
- American Institute for Maghrib Studies. Served as President from 1995-2004 and has been on the Board of Directors since 1984. Received twelve grants, eight earned in national competition, to support the North African operations and programs of the Institute (1996-present, US Information Agency, US Dept. of State).
- Ivory Coast
- Center for Political Studies
- Political Science
- International Institute
- Center for Human Growth and Development
- College of Engineering
- College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy
- Institute for Research on Women and Gender
- Institute for Social Research
- Law School
- Medical School
- School of Art and Design
- School of Kinesiology
- School of Music, Theater and Dance
- School of Natural Resources and Environment
- School of Nursing
- School of Public Health
- School of Social Work
- Stephen M. Ross School of Business
- Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning