Dayna Le Platte

Dayna J. Le Platte

Dayna J. Le Platte

Dayna J. Le Platte | Ann Arbor, MI
University of Michigan, Bachelor of Science in Cellular and Molecular Biology, MD, 2008

Dayna is currently a psychiatry resident at the University of Michigan. She describes a typical day: I take care of patients in various clinical settings (the hospital, outpatient clinic, community mental health system). Also, I am a part of the research track and I also spend time doing research that relates to my various clinical interests - Women's Mental Health, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Preventative Medicine, Public Health, and Community Based Interventions.

Dayna recalls her favorite memory of the WISE RP: I have a number of wonderful memories. It is hard to determine which one is my "best." I really enjoyed hearing from other women in science and engineering. I loved listening to their stories, I also have found memories of building strong relationships with the girls on my floor - studying, laughing, and encouraging one another.

Words of wisdom from Dayna: Think about your goals, both long term and short term. Write them down and place them in a special place where you can see them everyday.  Always commit yourself to excellence. Do not be afraid to ask for help. Surround yourself with people who have similar goals. Start learning about how to build balance into your life now. You want to work hard but also play and enjoy this time in your life. Take too many pictures. Laugh too much. Make new friends.  Follow your passion.  Believe in yourself even if there is doubt all around you. Clear your mind of the word "can't." Think big and dream bigger.

Dayna passes on some advice: "Take one day at a time" and "Here is the key to success and the key to failure: we become what we think about..."