Women's Studies Faculty, Sept. 2014
A student in the Women’s Studies in the Archives first year seminar conducts research in the Bentley Historical Library.
Women's Studies Graduation 2014
Current Lane Hall exhibit - The Salamander Project by the Olimpias Disability Culture Collective
Welcome To Women's Studies
Founded in 1973, the department is a diverse intellectual community dedicated to excellence in feminist research, teaching, and activism. Our work aims to bridge gender, racial, economic, religious, and national divides; create knowledge about women, gender, race, and sexuality; challenge power inequities; and improve the lives of all people.
- 'Thinking Sex' Symposium to explore origins of sexuality studies October 1, 2014
- Kathryn Holland, Verónica Caridad Rabelo and Lilia Cortina find that the military makes progress with sexual assualt training, but more can be done September 16, 2014
- Esther Newton is featured in ‘A Gay Haven on Fire Island’ in the NY Times August 29, 2014
- Thirty Years of "Thinking Sex"
Speaker: Gayle Rubin, Anthropology and Women's Studies, and others
- 5:00 PM
- "Sex and Gender Differences in Addiction: How do we get from the laboratory to the real world?” Psychology and Women's Studies Brown Bag Series
Speaker: Jill Becker, Patricia Y Gurin Collegiate Professor of Psychology
- Law's Preoccupation with the Muslim Psyche
Speaker: Sherene Razack, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto