Congratulations 2015 Honors Students
Prof. Wang Zheng (far right on 2nd row) taking part in a Chinese feminist forum at Nanjing University.
Women's Studies Faculty, Sept. 2014
Welcome To Women's Studies
Founded in 1973, the department is a diverse intellectual community dedicated to excellence in feminist research, teaching, and activism. Our work aims to bridge gender, racial, economic, religious, and national divides; create knowledge about women, gender, race, and sexuality; challenge power inequities; and improve the lives of all people.
- Gender, Race and Nation minor and Art & Design student Meghal Janardan interviewed and photographed 30 women of color from the University of Michigan for her senior thesis project. You can see it online. May 19, 2015
- Prof. Lisa Kane Low is named Associate Dean for Practice and Professional Graduate Studies at the School of Nursing May 18, 2015
- Prof. Carol Jacoben and Attorney Lynn D'Orio's article on "Case Studies of the MI Women's Justice & Clemency Project" is published April 28, 2015
- The 25th Anniversary Symposium, Davis, Markert, Nickerson Lecture on Academic and Intellectual Freedom "Fragility of Our Freedoms"
Speaker: Natalie Zemon Davis and Joan Wallach Scott
- 2015 Vivian R. Shaw Lecture: Orange is the New Black
Speaker: Piper Kerman